Friday, April 9, 2010

Taking care of business

I have been home 6 days and I have spent 8 hours at NJ Motor Vehicle. On Monday, I arrived at 10:38 am to join a line of about 50 people waiting to get in to the agency. I had my license renewal and the papers to title the Rialta, after waiting 45 minutes to get into the building I was given a number and went to another line only to find out that they couldn’t title the vehicle but they could renew my license. It took just less than 3 hours to get my license renewed which is lunacy. I was given a piece of paper with a 888 number to call which I did while waiting for my number to be called. It took 11 minutes for Trenton to pick up to tell me that I would have to travel an hour and a half each way to get the Rialta titled. So that became Tuesday’s work and Thursday I got the Rialta inspected which took longer because every inspector at the station had to walk through it. So much work to do 2 simple tasks. It really shouldn’t take parts of 3 days to get 2 simple tasks done.

I have less than a week to have everything in place before my knee replacement surgery. The outside is ready and the garage is coming along. I have to get the inside painted, which I have been putting off. I just needed time to get my personal space where I want it to be. I have the next few days to organize the papers and have a sensible system to work within. I can’t explain why I feel the need to move at this rate but I do. I was planning on signing 6 month contract with the realtor tomorrow but for some reason I am hesitant. Maybe it is because I don’t have the house ready or maybe I’m just not ready to commit.

So much is happening so quickly. I feel like I’m chasing the time frames that I have set. Let’s hope I can manage it.

2 comments:

  1. Pat, all I can say is trust in yourself. If you feel it is right, then it is right. If you don't feel it is right, then it isn't right. TRUST IN YOURSELF. That is the message. Love
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The only time line is you. You decide when. If you are not ready, you can change the time line. Go with your heart.

    ReplyDelete