Sunday, April 4, 2010

There and Back Again

As I sit in the lounge of the Rialta flying along at about 75 mph with less then 400 miles to home, I marvel at the last 6 days. So much has happened and all is fine.

We managed to make it to Elkart, Indiana last night at about 8 pm. We settled in and got to bed the earliest since we left NJ. It was early to bed and early to rise as we hit the road at 6:25 AM CDT, showered and ready to go. We have made amazing time through Indiana, Ohio and now we are cruising through Pennsylvania.

The things that I have learned on this trip is:

Everything is fixable, from the vehicle to relationships, if you are open to the possibility then it will come.

Fear is a very strong emotion, it can stop you from succeeding if you let it.

People are the same everywhere, if you approach them with a smile, you will receive a smile.

Help is available if you ask.

If you microwave your tea water and spill it on yourself it will burn you. (I’m fine).

Pilot Service stations from California to Ohio have 10 choices of coffee and in some of them you can take a shower.

This country has some really big Wind Mill Farms in Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska and Iowa.

I can now say that I have traveled the entire country on Route 80 (no wait, I didn’t see the pacific ocean so there is about 80 miles that I haven’t traveled.

Even when you think you know what is being said, it doesn't always mean what is being said.

I haven’t calculated what I have spent yet over the past 6 days but I will let you know soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment