Saturday, March 13, 2010

Advice

I value others opinions. I find that I learn so much and get a different outlook on the same situation or idea. I had thought that I had done a lot of research on RV’s and I was seriously considering purchase when my Aunt out of the blue recommended talking with my cousin who had a smaller RV/conversion van. She was upset by the idea of me riding around on a Vespa scooter. So of course after getting off the phone I went back to researching and found that I could get a short chassis Sprinter which would be about 19.5 ft.
I started this blog entry about a week ago and I’m just getting back to it. There are so many choices to be made out there in RV world. If I go smaller then I have more versatility in places I can take it and park it. If I go with the 24 FT then I’m pretty much limited in where it can go but would have more living space.
I have done a lot of research and I have a few models in mind now I need to talk to my cousin about the advantages of diesel over gasoline. I also have to decide when to buy. Now is the start of the spring/summer camping season. So there is a lot of stock out there to choose from, but they are also selling for a premium. I won’t need the RV until the house sells and that is an answer I won’t have till it sells.
During the week I walked my dog to a neighbor’s house who has the Navion DL. I introduced myself to the 2 ladies and learned a lot about the model and RVing in general. I am now a proud member of RVing women and have joined another forum about traveling as a single woman. The ladies had a lot of very informative advice and tips and promised to mentor me through the process this summer. I was also invited to a RVing Rally in Lancaster, PA. in April unfortunately, I don’t know if I will be healed enough from my upcoming knee replacement to attend. There is always the June Rally which might work.
More on my choices as I come closer to deciding.

No comments:

Post a Comment