Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Trials and tribulations of the weather

This March has been one of the worst on record. Today is the 30th and they have already declared it the wettest in recorded history. It was also a hard winter, blamed on El Nino. I think it all helped me make the decision to sell this spring. I’m sick of taking care of the yard, the sidewalks, the garbage, the recycling and, with the girls leaving, there is no way I can or wish to do it by myself.

This morning flying out to Sacramento was a challenge because of the Nor’easter hitting the east. This would be the 3rd major storm for March and the flooding was devastating. White knuckle driving to the airport with less than a car lengths visibility was not the way to start the day. Missing our flight meant a totally different flight plan which will get us into Sacramento at 4:45 PM (7:45 PM EST). Fortunately, my partner in crime agreed to spend the night in Sacramento, so it’s not the worst circumstance. Tomorrow we will hopefully be fresh to start the 2800 mile journey back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment